30 MINUTE RECIPE FOR A QUICK FAMILY DINNER (AND HAVE SOME LEFT OVER FOR LUNCHES)
Cauliflower is all the rage right now and I can totally understand why!!! It is an excellent source of vitamins C and K, B6 and folate. It is an extraordinary source dietary fiber and omega-3 fatty acids and it contains large amounts of sulfforaphane, manganese, phosphorus, and biotin. Cauliflower is an extra mega ultra super vegetable and protects against UV damage!!
Looking for a low-carb and high-protein dinner recipe full of vegetables? Here is an insanely good 30-minute Asian-Peruvian Cauliflower Fried Rice with egg and chicken.
HOW TO MAKE CAULIFLOWER FRIED RICE
- First and best: no rice cooking required. Grate the cauliflower or process it in a food processor (in batches!) until rice-sized and that’s it. It takes about 5 minutes, if at all, to “rice” cauliflower.
- Chop loads of colorful vegetables so it ends up looking fun.
- Fry everything depending on the ingredient’s consistency. The hard stuff first, the soft stuff/cooked stuff last.
- Add at least soy sauce, garlic and ginger. Better yet, all the before PLUS ají for the best flavor in the world.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 4 people
Calories 99 kcal
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup diced carrots
- 1/2 cup diced capsicum
- 1/2 cup diced capsicum
- 4 spring onions
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp grated ginger
- 1-2 tsp ají amarillo (optional)
- 4 Tbsp soy sauce
- Heat a large heavy-bottom pan that has a lid over medium heat.
- Heat a regular sized pan over medium heat.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 4 eggs with a little salt and pepper.
- Add a splash of oil to the HOT small pan and then add whisked eggs and let cook like a pancake. About 2.5 minutes on one side and another minute on the other. Remove from pan when cooked through and cut into small squares.
- Now cut cauliflower into florets, wash, shake out well and add to a food processor (I had to do this in 3 parts because my food processor is small). Pulse until you have rice corn sized bits. Set aside.
- Peel carrots and chop into corn kernel sized pieces.
- Wash and thinly slice white part of spring onions and place next to carrots. Then slice green part a little thicker and place on separate corner of chopping board or in a small bowl.
- Peel and grate garlic and ginger and place next to chopped carrots.
- Wash capsicum and chop into corn kernel sized pieces and place on separate end of chopping board or a small bowl.
- Get the pan hot and add a splash of oil and add chopped carrots, white part of onions, garlic, ginger and ají amarillo to the pan and stir-fry for about 2 minutes, then add cauliflower rice and chopped capsicum and stir-fry for another 3 minutes, then add egg and soy sauce and stir fry for another 2 minutes.
- If you're not vegetarian or vegan, add pan fried chicken its delicious!
Give credit to - https://greenhealthycooking.com/cauliflower-fried-rice/#wprm-recipe-container-5175